These Greek chicken bowls are inspired by my favorite fast casual place in New York City called GRK.
A lot of people ask me how I come up with meal prep ideas. My secret? I think about my favorite meals at restaurants, then recreate them at home.
Is this close to the real chicken shwarma plate that I order at GRK? No. But the flavors are there. Salty feta and olives, bitter red onion, crisp lettuce, sweet red peppers, lemony chicken and cumin flavored rice.
This meal is super easy to make because you only have to cook two things: the rice and the chicken. The rest are raw veggies! All you really have to do is assemble.
And as always, it’s super easy to change up. You can omit the onions, use a different grain other than rice (or use potatoes). You can switch up the protein too.
Hey vegans and vegetarians: to make this bowl, replace chicken with chickpeas!
Ever wondered how to make chicken perfectly on the stove? I got you covered.
Cooking chicken without it getting dry or tasting bland is truly an art and science that took me years to master. Hopefully, the above video will help!
How to store and reheat these Greek chicken bowls:
- These bowls will last for up to four days in the fridge
- I do not recommend freezing this meal
- This meal reheats well in the microwave, even with all the veggies in it. They don’t cook in the microwave if you let it warm up for a minute or two, but they will be warm. If that’s not your jam, add the veggies after reheating it.
- If you have extra rice, you can freeze that
- I didn’t top my bowls with a sauce of any kind, but if I did it would be a tahini-based sauce or maybe some hummus.
If you end up making these, please send me pics via Instagram DM or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Happy prepping 🙂
Want to meal prep but don’t know where to start? Sign up below and immediately get a meal planning template and more easy meal ideas.