Sheet pan tofu gave me life this week.
Sometimes I just crave a fresh vegan meal that doesn’t take a ton of effort but makes me feel AMAZING.
This recipe fits that bill perfectly.
Are you intimidated by tofu?
Don’t worry. You’re in good hands. I’ve been cooking with tofu for years and this method (just baking it) is probably the best way to start out if you’re worried you’ll screw it up.
Because I promise you won’t. Pinky swear.
The recipe below instructs you to use your favorite cooking sauce to flavor your tofu, but if you want to try something homemade, click here for my list of easy sauces and marinades.
How to switch up this tofu sheet pan meal:
- Replace the tofu with tempeh if you’re up to it. It would also work with chicken or salmon, but you’ll have to adjust the cooking times slightly.
- Veggie or meat sausage would work well, too — but skip the marinade.
- Replace veggies with ANY roastable vegetables of your choice. Asparagus, green beans, eggplant, mushroom, brussels sprouts, carrots etc.
- Seasonings! I keep it really simple here with just salt and pepper and my favorite seasonings for sweet potato, but you can check out some other ways to spice up these veggies if sheet pan meals are your go-to.
- Sauces for the veggies! I am NOT a sauce person, but I think an avocado-based or tahini-based sauce would work really well on top of this meal.
Reheating & storage info:
This meal can be stored in the fridge for up to four days and is not freezer friendly (I haven’t tested it). It reheats well in the oven or in the microwave.
Don’t forget to share a photo with me on Instagram @workweeklunch or with the hashtag #workweeklunch if you make this meal!
Want to crush meal prep next week? Sign up below and immediately get my free meal prep guide for busy people!