Workweek Lunch is looking for a part-time assistant to support WWL’s Content Manager and CEO on the marketing side in New York City (we will consider US-based remote candidates as well).
This role is ideal for a social-media-savvy creative with a love of home cooking, meal prep and a genuine interest in marketing.
In this role, you’ll learn what goes into marketing a digital subscription product (invaluable experience in today’s subscription model-loving world!) and create content for accounts that reach hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
You will help our Content Manager and CEO with social media account management, blog management, brand partnerships, email marketing and some general administrative support. Note that all roles at Workweek Lunch interact with customers, so be ready to chat with other foodies!
You’ll be crucial to the success of our brand communication, social reach and helping us stay on top of (and on track with) all the fun free and paid content we whip up at Workweek Lunch.
WWL has big plans to scale up in 2022 and the years to come. We always strive to help our members get more creative and confident in the kitchen by serving up fresh, fun recipes and airtight meal plans. Outside of our core business (the subscription), we’re currently building out new digital products and services to help our loyal community even more in the kitchen. On the marketing side, we’re taking video and SEO very seriously this year, which requires all hands on deck! Want to be a part of the action?
Summary of the Content & Marketing Assistant role:
- Part-time contractor position – expect to start with 10 hours/week from home with flexible hours (you set your own schedule). Hours may increase as the role grows for the right candidate.
- This is the first time we are hiring for this role. You will be the only one in this position, but working with the entire team. We are currently only hiring one person for this role.
- We prefer candidates based in NYC, but will consider US-based candidates who can work remotely.
- You’ll be working on graphic design projects that include creating graphics for Instagram, YouTube, our blog, our email newsletters and more, in addition to scheduling content on a few of our social media accounts. Graphic design experience is preferred for this role.
- You will be working directly with Alyssa, our Content Manager and Talia, the CEO, but may also work with our Recipe Team at times.
- Primary responsibilities will include creating Instagram content (with direction from the marketing team), building out blog content, working on newsletters, scheduling our Facebook page content
- Additional responsibilities include helping moderate the Facebook group (all WWL team members do this!) and ad hoc administrative tasks for our marketing team, as well as ongoing projects such as brand partnership research.
- There’s room in this role to grow based on what you’re interested in and the needs of our team!
Here’s a more in-depth breakdown of what you’ll be working on to start.
Note that we will have remote training sessions for all of this! You’re not expected to know how to do all of this coming into the role.
Please read everything below carefully before applying! Hint, hint, details matter.
Supporting Our Content & Marketing Team
- Help create and share content, as well as help manage comments, for Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, our blog and newsletter.
- Set up our 2 weekly newsletters, weekly meal plan email and weekly recipe post
- Curate and schedule Facebook page content (weekly)
- Monitor our Facebook Group and IG comments for hot topics (weekly)
- Set up recipe round-ups for Alyssa to work on in Wordpress (monthly)
- Help with brand partnership research
- Help moderate our Facebook Group
- Join weekly team Zoom calls
- Ad-hoc tasks to support Alyssa and Talia as needed
- Opportunity for extra tasks to be assigned based on your interests!
Communication & Expectations For Deadlines
- You’ll communicate with the team via Slack and email for the most part.
- We use a website called Asana to track the progress of our content, including recipes.
- There will be two meetings per week via Zoom.
- You’ll work closely with Alyssa, our Content Manager and Talia, the Founder of WWL.
- Once we’re in the swing of things, we will develop our own system and timing for deadlines.
The best candidate for this role will…
- Love food and be familiar with meal prep
- Have a desire to learn more about marketing, subscription businesses, social media and community-building
- Have strong general writing and communication skills
- Be obsessed with social media and have strong opinions about it
- Be able to work part-time without sacrificing too much time on weekends (work/life balance is incredibly important to us). If you have a demanding full-time job, this isn’t the best fit for you.
- Be meticulous and detail-oriented
- Enjoy playing and creating in Canva
- Have an interest in learning or established skills in copywriting
- Enjoy talking and interacting with people virtually/online
- Listen openly to feedback on their work and strive to implement it
- Be honest, open, positive and trustworthy with strong personal integrity
- Demonstrate follow-through on all tasks and projects
- Have a can-do/get-it-done attitude
- Cook, meal prep and read recipes often for fun
- Get fully on board with the mission behind Workweek Lunch, which is to help people create their own systems around food to get more out of life
- Be ready to learn a lot and ask a ton of questions along the way!
- $2,000/month plus year-end bonus depending on overall company performance
- This is an entry-level part-time contractor role
- Remote, USA residents only
- 10-12 hours/week to start
- No health/retirement benefits at this time
- 4 weeks PTO in addition to 11 paid bank holidays
Please do not email us your resume or DM us on Instagram about this application. Thanks!
Workweek Lunch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Workweek Lunch does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
About Workweek Lunch:
I started WWL in 2016 as a food blog and Instagram account and we launched the subscription in 2018. The subscription includes weekly meal plans, tested meal prep recipes, a meal planning tool and access to a private community. We currently have thousands of members worldwide.
The WWL Program is the only meal plan subscription that aligns with Intuitive Eating and is not made for weight loss, calorie counting or food restriction, which is one of the main reasons people come to us over our competitors.
WWL reaches over half a million across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, YouTube and this site, and we have been featured in the New York Times, Women’s Health, Buzzfeed, The Kitchn, NBC Better, Prevention and more.
Our Culture & Mission
The mission behind Workweek Lunch is to help people create their own systems around food that allow them to live a more full life. It’s easy to feel bogged down by worrying about every meal. Our content and services help busy folks with meal planning, recipe searching, grocery list making, food budgeting and learning how to streamline the cooking process so they can spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what’s important to them.
We currently have a small entirely remote team of four employees (including me) and three amazing contractors that work with us monthly. Most of our team members have been with WWL for over a year to three years! Everyone on our team is friendly, inclusive and we’re all self-starters. We’re passionate about serving our community and customers, learning more about the ins and outs of our industry and having fun while working, of course!
At WWL, we work hard and we get it all done, but it’s important to us that work is never a source of stress. We’re making meal plans, not saving lives. We value our work and having a life outside it, which is parallel to our philosophy around meal prep and food.