This recipe is part of our $25 Meal Prep Meal Plan!
Budget-Friendly Tofu Scramble
- 6 oz frozen spinach 1/2 a 12 oz package of frozen spinach
- 14 oz package of firm tofu pressed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder sub garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper optional, if you like heat!
- 3 english muffins optional, if you want to turn these into breakfast sandwiches!
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach to the pan (no oil needed) and let it thaw and cook through over medium heat, until most of the water has evaporated about 7-8 minutes. Stir often.
- Push the spinach to the edges of the pan and add the tofu over medium heat. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break it up. Add salt, pepper and other seasonings if using (soy sauce, turmeric, curry powder, onion powder, red pepper). "Scramble" the tofu until it's in smaller pieces and yellow-ish in color. It should resemble scrambled eggs! Cook for 5-7 minutes, mixing it in with the spinach, until the pan looks pretty dry and the tofu has good color on it.
- Divide the tofu scramble between three containers. If using tortillas, English muffins or bread with this meal, keep it on the side until you eat!