This recipe is part of our $25 Meal Prep Meal Plan!
Budget-Friendly Fried Rice With Edamame
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 8 oz edamame half a bag of edamame
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 2 eggs whisked, optional
- 6 oz mixed frozen veggies 1/2 a 12 oz bag of veggies
- 1/3 cup soy sauce divided
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Cook the rice: add the rice, salt and water to a pot. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat all the way down and cover the pot. Let it cook for 10 minutes, then turn off the heat and keep covered for an additional 10 minutes. No peeking or stirring!
- Cook the edamame according to the package.
- If using eggs: Add 1 TBSP olive oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs and a pinch of salt. Scramble the eggs over medium heat until they're completely cooked through, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the eggs to a plate when finished.
- De-shell the edamame if needed.
- Finally, cook the veggies. Add them all to the pan with a pinch of salt and garlic if using over medium heat. Cook until they've thawed out and warmed up, about 7-8 minutes. Turn the heat down and add the cooked rice, egg, and edamame back to the pan. Add the soy sauce. Stir until the rice starts to look darker in color. If the pan seems really dry and like there's no sauce for the rice to be coated in, add another splash of soy sauce.
- Divide the fried rice between three meal prep containers. Let it cool down for 20-30 minutes before storing in the fridge.