These strawberry cheesecake overnight oats are the perfect way to start your morning. This dessert-inspired breakfast takes less than ten minutes to prep so it is great for those days when you want a hassle-free meal in the morning. Feel free to switch up the strawberries for any berry you have on hand or love!
Get more recipes like this in the Workweek Lunch Meal Prep Program with access to our meal planning tools, grocery list generator, and more. Start a free trial today!
How these Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats Work:
There’s no cooking necessary for overnight oats! All you do is prep the oats with liquid (usually milk), stick it in the fridge, and let the oats “soak” overnight.
Overnight oats can be prepped up to four days in advance. No, the milk won’t spoil when kept in the fridge.
You can always add your fruit on top the morning of if you’re worried about them getting too mushy.
The beauty of overnight oats is how fast they are in the morning. You literally just take one of your containers out of the fridge and eat. Honestly, there’s not a faster breakfast out there.
So if you’re someone who has crazy mornings where you’re rushing around overnight oats are perfect for you. They are also a great option for kids before school because they are so hassle-free.
Still skeptical about overnight oats? We have more breakfast recipes here!
How to change up this recipe:
- Add your favorite toppings! Graham crackers, crushed pretzels, or nuts would all be delicious as the “crust”
- Add more fruit! Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and bananas would all be great!
- Add a little vanilla protein powder if you’re into that
- If you don’t like chia seeds, simply omit them and add a bit more oats.
- If you like a more tart/tangy cheesecake flavor, you can use greek yogurt and/or add one teaspoon of lemon juice to each serving.
It doesn’t have to be the same every day! Make it your own so you can really look forward to it throughout the week.
Do You Eat Overnight Oats Hot Or Cold?
Did you know you can reheat overnight oats in the microwave? I know many folks can’t wrap their heads around eating cold oatmeal, and I’m here to share that you absolutely don’t have to.
While I love eating overnight oats straight from the fridge on a hot day, normally I heat them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. You can also reheat overnight oats on the stove!
Note that with the microwave method, you may experience more liquid in your container. However, if that happens, you can just drain it a bit or let it sit for a few minutes so the oats absorb more liquid.
Overnight oats also taste great at room temperature! They’re ok out of the fridge for up to 4 hours. They will last about 4 days in the fridge once you have made them!
Overnight oats are great because they are super budget-friendly! If you’re interested in more recipes like this, check out the tasty recipes in the video below!
Storing these strawberry cheesecake overnight oats
These strawberry cheesecake overnight oats can last in the fridge for up to four days. You can eat them cold, room temp, or reheat them in the microwave or on the stove.
Mason jars are perfect for storing these oats, but any small container.
Other breakfasts you’ll love:
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Peaches & Cream Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- Horchata Overnight Oats
- Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies
- Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread WafflesEasy
- Zucchini Bread For Breakfast Or Snacks
Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3 TBSP chia seeds
- 3 TBSP honey agave, maple syrup
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 3 graham crackers optional for garnish
- Add 1/2 cup of oats, 1 TBSP of the chia seeds, 1 TBSP sweetener, 2/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup strawberries to a meal prep container and stir.
- Repeat the process in the other containers and you’re good to go! Store the overnight oats in the fridge. Garnish with crushed graham crackers.